Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming)

2 posters

Go down

Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming) Empty Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming)

Post  UEG|Faith Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:59 pm

For all of those thousands of players waiting for a year+ for the new patch, be sure to check the link for the latest info.
The latest info released was on April 1st by Karune.
His statement:

Unfortunately, there has been last minute issues that will prevent the patch from going live on public test servers today. I understand the overwhelming excitement to get into the PTR server to test the new patch and have no desire to give you news of the patch's delay. Nonetheless, I would like to remind everyone that we are almost there and I will continue to give you updates on the patch's progress.

The first question I am already working on is how long the delay is. The updates on this will be posted here when I find out: http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?fn=war3-general&t=1877805&s=new&tmp=1#new

The second question you probably have is why the patch didn't go live today. Here is the reason from our Producer, "At the last minute we found a problem with the patch which could break the installs of a small percentage of users." Again, they are only working to make sure the testing and final patch goes smoothly as well as betters your current gameplay experience of Warcraft III.

Please be patient as there will be more updates. Please also keep discussion about the Patch Notes.

Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURES

- There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the "replay" folder.
- Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
- You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.

BALANCE CHANGES

HUMAN
- Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
- Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).

UNDEAD
- Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
- Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.

NIGHT ELF
- Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).

FIXES

- The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
- A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
- When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
off.
- An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.

ADDITIONAL MAPS

Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR:
- (2)MeltingValley
- (2)RoadToStratholme
- (4)CentaurGrove
- (4)TidewaterGlades

To view for yourself, visit:

http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?FN=war3-general&T=2027228&P=1

Last edited by UEG|Faith on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

UEG|Faith

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming) Empty 1.22 Patch

Post  UEG|Faith Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:06 pm

In my opinion, this will affect the play style for the pro and higher level players much more than the standard battle.net player. The Dryad Experience change I think was much needed. The repair speed, which actually is stated to sound like they buffed it, really was nerfed for the better, which was very much needed. Auto-save, and auto-health bars are nice. I'm not too impressed with the Ud/Ne changes though, however, at the pro/higher level, I do like the idea of fixing the hand-off staff. Excited to see new maps though.

Thanks Blizzard, Please keep it coming

5 Things I hope to see come:
1. Buff to Burrow HP or armor
2. Nerf to siege tank HP or armor... obvious reasons
3. Add another ground piercing unit for orc or buff HH (Completely agree with Grubby that this is much needed)
4. Lower armor aura for Paladin (Griph+aura is very strong)
5. Nerf DH mana burn in some way and would have liked to seen a few spells and tavern heros played with including Panda, Naga (Mana Shield spell?), Alchemist, and lastly Pitlord.

Thats my two cents, any comments?

UEG|Faith

Back to top Go down

Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming) Empty Trial patch is out

Post  UEG|Faith Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm

The trial Patch is out. In order to see the server, you have to log on b.net, log out, then switch servers and it should be there.

UEG|Faith

Back to top Go down

Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming) Empty Re: Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming)

Post  Jcvc Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 am

the changes are not much, but we can see the difference while we are playing ud vs hu( repair makes the difference )
somehow undead loses anyway if human gets expand up cause there will be no way to destroy towers

Jcvc

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming) Empty Re: Latest Patch Info and Comments (Not the area for flaming)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down